~May/22 /11 Interview ~
1) How old were you when you took your first yoga class? Explain your first impressions.
I was 19 years old when I took my first yoga class (it was a two month sessional in Whistler) with Leslie Young. What I remember most fondly was farting in Trikonasana. I don’t think that has happened in a class since.
I have no idea how or why I chose Leslie Young and why I chose to commit to a two-month introduction instead of just a drop-in class but I tend to jump right in to ventures and activities.
I was completely unaware at the time, but the precise way in which she taught the basics of asana with a focus on alignment eventually propelled me into this style of teaching.
Beginning my practice surrounded by the Cascade Mountains created a ripe environment for yoga to also become very sacred. A quiet solitude envelops much of the Sea to Sky Region and yoga helped me tap into this peace while living in such a transient town during an emotional time in my life.
1) Where have you traveled to train? If you could do a sun salutation, right now, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
1) What is something you're working on right now on your journey?
2) What does yoga mean to you?
1) Viewed any good flicks lately? Heard any good tunes lately?